Possible New Gaming Computer Build

SashaCat

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
So i am planning on building my first computer in the near future and this is what i have come up with here.

It says "Some Intel Z68 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Ivy Bridge CPUs." but from what i have read it should work and if it doesn't to download a firmware off Intel's site.

They didn't have my video card on the site but i have a nvidia gforce 560ti that takes 190W, but requires a minimum of 500W. I've read that you only need a CPU cooler if you are planning on overclocking which i am not at this point or if the CPU doesn't come with a fan. Also could i just take my DVD drive and my 1tb HD from this computer and put it in a new one?

I am very new with the tech of the inside of a computer so i expect mistakes to be made, but if you have any suggestions to better brands or pieces that would be fantastic. And feedback is more than welcome.

It says "Some Intel Z68 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Ivy Bridge CPUs." but from what i have read it should work and if it doesn't to download a firmware off Intel's site.

New bios you need download from mobo manufacturer site. Gigabyte , Asus MSI or what ever mobo you buy.
They do now have bios update tool and it will work trough internet.

They didn't have my video card on the site but i have a nvidia gforce 560ti that takes 190W, but requires a minimum of 500W. I've read that you only need a CPU cooler if you are planning on overclocking which i am not at this point or if the CPU doesn't come with a fan. Also could i just take my DVD drive and my 1tb HD from this computer and put it in a new one?

Yes you can use old HDD + DVD if they are Sata drives.

This is good for now. Bew LGA 1150 mobo + cpu. PSU is bit big but it is good if you like SLI video cards later.
But 550-650w is enoug for one video card.

So tis is just example what is good biul now. If do it later look what is good buy ten. In month will come out new parts like R9 290 GPU with better cooler solution and then it is better buy than GTX 770.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Macho-120 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($162.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card ($354.88 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1236.80
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 22:55 EST-0500)