Ubisoft Shows Impressive "The Division" Snowdrop Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Ya I try not to get to excited for games until I play it or at least see a review but everything I have seen does look pretty awesome.

bmwman91

Honorable
May 19, 2013
VERY cool visuals and physics. Should make for some great next-gen gaming!

My only thought about the actual game demo is, "ANOTHER post-apocalyptic outbreak game?" There have been some good ones, but it seems like the whole genre is getting overplayed now. I'll probably still play it though, if for no other reason than the nice graphics and effects!

:lol: Yeah, unlike TV adverts they don't have to put the "Not actual gameplay footage" disclaimer at the bottom of the picture.

elforeign

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009

Seriously though, today I went back and played a few maps of Crysis Warhead and it just makes me sad that we've moved ever so slowly since then.

joz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
What sort of star trek age quantum computer am I going to need in order to run this sort of graphical fidelity at ultra?

...yeah, no. Have you seen the quality of the console ports we've been getting?

That's not going to get any better with ports from a new system, at least not for a long while.

GamerXtreme2013

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Ok am I the only 1 that noticed that the game said it adopts to weather change, yeah i seen it snowed but why didnt the cars or objects got covered with some snow?

sharpies

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Okay, I am not always clued-up on what the different engines can and cannot do but how do this engine compare to the other popular engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Frostbite 3, CryEngine 3. If I am not mistaken the phrase "Most advanced engine" was also used for Unreal Engine 4...

I know CryEngine 3 is definitely not new but the graphics in Crysis 3 for me was just epic. It's the only game series I played where I took ages to finish the game just because I was admiring the scenery more than I was playing.

So my question basically is will we get better looking and more realistic games with this addition? I can't really comment on Unreal Engine 4 because I have only seen a similar cut-scene but no actual game-play.

Durandul

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

Look at the games designed for the xbox one and playstation 4. The so called ports of these games are still better on the PC. Then go back and look at some real time tech demos over the years. This sort of stuff has been possible for years, it just hasn't been done yet.

Zenuts

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

You must remember that the "new-gen" consoles are all heavily based on the PC, with x86/x64 processors and GPUs close to what we have today. We still need to see the quality of the ports now, but I think that, graphically at least, it should be less taxing and better rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.