Video editing custom PC - looking for thoughts/help

DiogoEldorado

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here, as it's also the first time I'm building a PC. I have been using Mac up until now...!

Basically I would like help checking if the parts will indeed be compatible with each other, and also I understand nothing of cooling/power.

My setup is for video editing mainly, although some gaming won't hurt. Any other video-ers out there?

Here' what I want to do:
Motherboard - Asrock Z87 Extreme6 AC (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H was a contender but this one has built-in wifi - it helps because I don't have access to wired internet)
Processor - i7 4770k
RAM - Corsair XMS3 32GB (4x8)
GPU - Gainward GeForce GTX 760 4GB
SSD - Samsung 256gb x2
HDD - WD Caviar Black 2TB (plus I have lots of external ones)

Cooling/Power/Case - what should I be looking for here? Do I need lots of fans? I'm lost :(

Please share your views or experience with these components, and huge thanks in advance for your help!

gameboy1998

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Why don't you build a Hackintosh, which is basically a PC that is running Mac OS. I think it will be better for editing but if you want to do gaming as well stay with Windows 8.1/7.

Get a Seasonic / XFX 750-800w if you want ultimate reliability but If you wish to take a little risk go with Corsair/Antec 700-750w. (Make sure they are at-least 80+ Certified).

If you want a professional looking case then get the Fractal Define R4.

Get a couple of fans for you case and plus if you want to liquid cool your CPU it will be ever more silent. Theoretically there is the need of only one fan for your case