Video Game Requirements in 12 Months

LordDaius

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
I have been pondering this questions for a while now and wanted to know what everyone at Toms thinks. I am not one of those peopel who fear that the new consoles are threating current PC gaming rigs. We all know how an APU handles intensive graphics. My question is with an x86 foundation and 8GB of ram do you think developers will push minimum game requirements to new levels? The last generation I don' think had more than 2GB of total ram in the entire box for all components. With now 8GB avialable do you think that PC gaming wil require 12-16GB of ram? Will we finally get true 60 FPS on games that are also console ports? I already know next year's graphics cards will make the new consoles look like children's toys.

MattyB13

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
It will be a while still before anything requires that much ram, but as always requirements are going to go up eventually. There might be an initial jump once the next gen consoles are in full swing but it will slow down again as Im sure these consoles are here for another 8-10 years. I wish console life cycles were still closer to 5 years, wont catch me complaining about new tech :D If anything the slowdown hinders PC gaming, it doesnt help it.