Solved

Looking for a PC build for 1500 or less

Hey guys, I'm thinking of build my very first PC. I got a budget of 1500 US dollars and I'd like a gaming PC that can run games like BF4 with 60 FPS, ultra graphics and i don't have to upgrade for at least 3 years if possible.
I would need everything, from motherboard to keyboard and mouse. Maybe split it so that you so that you spend 1000--1200 on the PC it self and rest for accessories.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build 1500
  1. is a monitor needed as well ?

if not then check this out:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($688.53 @ Mwave)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 530 White ATX Full Tower Case ($121.49 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: AZIO Large Print Tri-Color Illuminated Keyboard Wired Ergonomic Keyboard ($25.98 @ OutletPC)
    Mouse: Cobra Mazer Wired Optical Mouse ($23.40 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1478.31
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-13 16:40 EST-0500)

If you do need a monitor just say so and will see what can you reduce.

In any case DON'T accept anything below the i5 4670k, the GTX 780 Ti, 8 gigs of ram, 650W 80+ PSU or a none Z87 mobo. Everything else is adjustable.. that is because your money needs to buy the best performance you can get.

PS: if you dont need that nice looking case or i you already have an HDD then i suggest getting an SSD instead:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-internal-hard-drive-sv300s37a120g

Enjoy !
  2. Best answer
    This is a slightly modified version of the build I am about to put together myself:
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 60GB 2.5" SSD (For lightning fast OS booting)
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (For storage of games and misc. files)
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    WI-FI Adapter: Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Optical Drive: Cheapest one available ;)
    Monitor: Acer S241HL bmid 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($159.99 @ B&H)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Killeneminem/saved/3BC5

The parts I listed in this post would come out to below $1500. If your budget is strict, you will have to get a lower wattage PSU and a cheaper case in order to afford a nice keyboard and mouse. But this pc would certainly last you for 3 or 4 years... I bet you could play new games on ultra for 5 or 6 years to come, and if you can't, just slap on an extra graphics card (I built it to support SLI without any upgrades needed). I put a link to my PCPartPicker. The nicest thing about this build is that it allows you to add 2 more monitors and another graphics card (for insane surround gaming) without replacing any parts. One GTX 770 is enough to play games at 60+ frames at ultra settings and the 4770k processor will let you skype/stream music/whatever while gaming without breaking a sweat. Also, if this computer stops performing as well in 4 or 5 years, you can simply overclock the processor because it is a 'k' model. The motherboard and GPU are a pair from MSI so you can use included software to OC the card without voiding any warranty. In my researched opinion, this is the ultimate computer you can build for <$1500.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  3. charmer said:
    is a monitor needed as well ?

if not then check this out:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($688.53 @ Mwave)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 530 White ATX Full Tower Case ($121.49 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: AZIO Large Print Tri-Color Illuminated Keyboard Wired Ergonomic Keyboard ($25.98 @ OutletPC)
    Mouse: Cobra Mazer Wired Optical Mouse ($23.40 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1478.31
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-13 16:40 EST-0500)

If you do need a monitor just say so and will see what can you reduce.

In any case DON'T accept anything below the i5 4670k, the GTX 780 Ti, 8 gigs of ram, 650W 80+ PSU or a none Z87 mobo. Everything else is adjustable.. that is because your money needs to buy the best performance you can get.

PS: if you dont need that nice looking case or i you already have an HDD then i suggest getting an SSD instead:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-internal-hard-drive-sv300s37a120g

Enjoy !

Anonymous said:
    This is a slightly modified version of the build I am about to put together myself:
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 60GB 2.5" SSD (For lightning fast OS booting)
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (For storage of games and misc. files)
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    WI-FI Adapter: Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Optical Drive: Cheapest one available ;)
    Monitor: Acer S241HL bmid 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($159.99 @ B&H)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Killeneminem/saved/3BC5

The parts I listed in this post would come out to below $1500. If your budget is strict, you will have to get a lower wattage PSU and a cheaper case in order to afford a nice keyboard and mouse. But this pc would certainly last you for 3 or 4 years... I bet you could play new games on ultra for 5 or 6 years to come, and if you can't, just slap on an extra graphics card (I built it to support SLI without any upgrades needed). I put a link to my PCPartPicker. The nicest thing about this build is that it allows you to add 2 more monitors and another graphics card (for insane surround gaming) without replacing any parts. One GTX 770 is enough to play games at 60+ frames at ultra settings and the 4770k processor will let you skype/stream music/whatever while gaming without breaking a sweat. Also, if this computer stops performing as well in 4 or 5 years, you can simply overclock the processor because it is a 'k' model. The motherboard and GPU are a pair from MSI so you can use included software to OC the card without voiding any warranty. In my researched opinion, this is the ultimate computer you can build for <$1500.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks a lot for your answer, Kylejobe.
    Your build is actually pretty similar to the one I was experimenting with. Here´s a link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheGreyWolf96/saved/
    Just in case the link doesn't work:
    CPU: i5-4670k
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB3.5"
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    Case: Corsair 350D
    Power Supply: Corsair 600W
    Optical Drive: Asus DRWblabla CheapStuff
    Operating System: Windows 8.1
    and i also had a 24" monitor, good mouse and keyboard and speakers for a grand total of 1600$ dollars

I actually started with the i7-4770 but then downgraded to get a better cooling system and the awesome Samsung SSD. The case im thinking of buying is also different to the one in the link. I was inclined to buying the Corsair 350D case, which looks very cool. Now the 2 way SLI you got in your build is what really caught my eye, since i was looking forward to getting a second and maybe third monitor down the road. Since it would be very costly to buy the two graphics card and my other components, ill just have to go with my build and upgrade to SLI when i get a new monitor.

Once again thanks a lot, from your build and others i can see im in the right way.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Build FPS PC gaming