Buzz from 4 out 5 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I get buzz from four of my speakers, but not the fifth.
Seems like the buzz is coming not because of the speakers, but because of the socket where i connect it to (feel free to correct me if I use wrong terminology :) ).

I have 5 sockets at the back of the subwoofer (which is like the main body of the whole system), each socket is for a different speaker.
There's one socket that no matter which speaker I connect to it, it will not buzz (well, it will, but really quietly). However, the other four buzz really loud no matter what speaker I connect to them, but not equally loud (some are louder than the others).

I tried to plug to a different AC plug at home and turn off other electronic devices as suggested in other threads but it didn't change anything.

I opened one of the speakers and it was very clean inside, no dust, no damage, no tears or anything.

Tried to play with making it louder and quiter and plugging and unplugging other speakers - nothing changes.

Note that the system is quite old (about 6 years).

Could it be that the problem is in the sockets? If yes, what can I do about it?

Thanks!

If the buzz is happening when there is no sound playing then the buzz is generated in the subwoofer which has the amplifiers in it for all the speakers. The sockets are not likely to cause a buzz. If the buzz happens with nothing but the speakers connected then the problem is in the amps in the sub. If the sub has a 3 prong ac plug you can try using a 3-2 ground lifter to disconnect the ground.

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Sorry for the late reply.
The buzz is happening where there's no sound (also when there is). It's a 2 prong ac plug.

How can I fix the amps in the sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS