My Newegg gift card experience so far...

kylehpc

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Hi, so around 4 days ago my father ordered me a gift card for my birthday to Newegg, to be sent to my email. Wasn't there right away, okay understandable... A few hours pass, so I decide to check the info on ordering a gift card, which tells me it can take 1-2 days to process. Damn, well okay. So 2 days later, still nothing. I decide to call Newegg, they tell me the first payment didn't go through since there was a problem with the billing address on the card, so my dad has to resubmit the info. (He lives in the states, I live in Canada, he was trying to use his Canadian card and had trouble with the billing info) Anyway, customer service told me it will for sure be in my inbox within the next 2 days. Great okay, can't wait. Another 2 days later, still nothing. I decide to call again and they're having the same problem. Yet my Dad's card states it's been charged, which I tell them. Finally, they call my Dad to do everything over the phone with him, which apparently went really smoothly, the order was processing once again, but they reassured us that all the info was correct this time and there would be no problem with the order and that it will be in my inbox the next day... which was now yesterday, and still nothing. And again, it still says on my Dad's credit card statement that $750 was charged. (Yea it's a lot for a birthday present I know, I'm not spoiled, I just haven't received a gift from him in a very long time so he decided to be generous, even I was very surprised by the amount) Which obviously just makes me even more angry that I haven't received it yet. Now it's the weekend, and I can't call customer service and I'm stuck. Really hoping I have it in time to order X-mas gifts.

Solution
newegg has always had an issue with procesing credit card payments where the "billing address" doesnt match the "shipping address". if both match (like if he used his card from the usa) it would likely go through fine. its a very common problem and they even state something about it on their website. i think it has something to do with the system they have for taking payments and the anti-identity theft measures they have in place.

kylehpc

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

Thanks for the empathy, I realize there's probably not much anyone can do here, just kind of needed to vent somewhere lol.. very frustrated. I'm going to see if we can cancel the payment to them and go with a gift card to Tiger Direct lol.

newegg has always had an issue with procesing credit card payments where the "billing address" doesnt match the "shipping address". if both match (like if he used his card from the usa) it would likely go through fine. its a very common problem and they even state something about it on their website. i think it has something to do with the system they have for taking payments and the anti-identity theft measures they have in place.

Solution
Yes, that is true about the billing and shipping address being different, and especially different countries. It causes delays in the transaction process (anti-theft measures and currency exchange), and even though the charge shows on the card, the actual transfer might still be pending, and could take a few days. Just contact them Monday, and be patient. It should go through soon.

TRENDING THREADS