New build freezing alongside a horrible buzz. Please help.

Aurazephyr

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Hi members of TH. I recently built a gaming PC and it's having a problem that I can't seem to fix. When I play games on it (I.e. League of legends) SOMETIMES the computer will freeze and make a loud, awful buzz and the only way to stop the freeze is with a hard power off. Before it would just crash, but I fixed that by entering my bios and giving the RAM more voltage ( it was not getting the necessary amount). This problem is actually worrying me to death and I'm scared that something is broken. So I ask for any and all suggestions on a fix.

This link shows the sound/freezing that I'm experiencing although I didn't make the video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=24N4ipebCAs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D24N4ipebCAs

Hardware specs:
Mobo: Asus p8z77-v
CPU: Intel i3 duo core ( using stock heat sink if that adds any help)
GPU: asus GeForce 660
RAM: gskilll rip jaws 16gb (8gb x 2)
Psu: corsair 650w
Hard drive: seagate barracuda 1 Tb

Anyway, I have the suspicions that the problem lies with the GPU or hard drive. I could be wrong as I'm not an expert. All help is appreciated.

Solution
I would have checked your ram, are they in the right colour coded slots? Both in black? Or both in white? Try pulling one of the ram modules out and see if that stops it - if it does stop it - run the computer like that. No real reason for 16gb of memory anyway.

My 2cents atleast. Goodluck!

Driftmonkey

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I would have checked your ram, are they in the right colour coded slots? Both in black? Or both in white? Try pulling one of the ram modules out and see if that stops it - if it does stop it - run the computer like that. No real reason for 16gb of memory anyway.

My 2cents atleast. Goodluck!

Solution

Aurazephyr

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I looked at my ram, they are in the mobo's recommended config and both in the blue slots. I will try to run just one stick, but do you think I could have faulty ram?
Edit: I reseated the ram and I haven't had a problem since. Might be too early to tell if it was a solution but I think it worked. Thanks for pointing me to the ram!

Driftmonkey

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Good to hear dude ! Glad you got it sorted nearly... maybe.. hopefully! Haha, I always thought beeping on startup or beeping at all was RAM related. Happened to me on numerous occasions. Maybe it was the ram not slotted in properly and it didn't have proper connections? Who knows :D