Computer powers up, but I get "No signal" on my monitor.

MishD

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
My specs : ASUS P8Z77-V
CPU : i5-3570k
Ram : 8 gb ddr3 Crucial Ballistics (2X4gb )
GPU : Msi 760 HWK
Case : Phantom 410

At first, in the test run after i put everything in my case with only one stick of RAM, the cpu ran fine and the monitor got a signal. Then I plugged it iff and put another RAM in the mobo and took it to my room, hooked it up with my monitor. Nothing. the Cpu is running fine. The Gpu is running too. I don't have a mother board system speaker. But the mobo does have an LED tell me if the RAM is incompatible or isn't being detected.

1. I powered the pc off, Took out the ram, rubbed it with my clothes and placed it back in. Same thing
2. I took off the CMOS battery and the RAM again, waited a while and put them back in. Same problem.
Anything Um doing wrong?

Solution
You might want to just head to your local computer shop and pick it up for a few bucks. It will help finding the problem a LOT easier, rather then guessing on which hardware isn't responding.

MishD

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Yeap. I have those done. I need to see it anything is shorting it out though.
And um sure that the RAM is fine. The bad ram/Incompatible ram indicator doesn't light up.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
You might want to just head to your local computer shop and pick it up for a few bucks. It will help finding the problem a LOT easier, rather then guessing on which hardware isn't responding.

Solution