Overclocking Non-K Haswell CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhakar2k

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I know overclocking in general in disabled on Non-K Haswell CPUs. What I want to know is if changing the clock multiplier to the maximum turbo value on all four cores is possible?

So for the 4770, can you run it at 3.9 GHz on all four cores?
Or for the 4670, can you run it at 3.8 GHz on all four cores?
If possible is this overclock essentially guaranteed?
Has anyone successfully done this, and has anyone failed to do it?
Is turbo automatically disabled at this point?
I am assuming you need Z87 board to be able to this.

If I can run a non-K processor like the 4770 or 4670 at the listed speeds, I have no use for a K series processor so I'd like to know. Thanks

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
I know it's not REALLY a secret, but it is also not a well known thing. I bet you can make a thread asking if you can overclock any specific non-k i5(the i5 3450 for example) and there will be a lot of people quick to tell you that you cannot do it at all.

Sudhakar2k

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008

Thanks for the response, but my question is still unanswered. I know the +400 MHZ over turboboost from ivy and sandy is gone.

But can haswell chips be overclocked to max turbo levels? Like disabling turboboost, and just setting the multiplier to 38X or 39X.

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
NO!!! Even the unlocked Haswell CPUs are not as overclockable as Ivy and Sandy CPUs, let alone the none K one, I wouldn't overclock the none K Haswell CPU to be honets, and I advise you to pass on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.