Need help for triple monitor gaming!

Daniel Hume

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I'm wondering if people can help me out here, I'm not the best at computers i only know a little. I was wanting a triple monitor set-up to play games like Call of Duty, Minecraft, DayZ, Battlefield.

If possible could you give me links to anything you suggest? I'm in the UK so preferably sites with free mainland postage. Right now i have a 23 inch Acer full HD LED monitor.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008H1SWPE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should I buy another two monitors the same size? My PC currently has:
CPU - i5-3570K
RAM - 8GB
HDD - 750GB
MB - Asus P8H61-MX USB3
GPU - Radeon HD 7770
Bare in mind his is only a starter rig coming from console, so not the best i know.. i'm willing to change parts and buy others, as long as it's not ridiculously priced. I'm already assuming my GPU will have to go and maybe the MB for dual GPU's i'm not sure, but let me know what you guys think. My budget is open to anything you have to say try and be moderate though and not in the thousands.

TheTechGamer

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
I would suggest not to go with triple monitors as it can easily stress a card like what you have. Think about it, one 23 inch monitors usually is around 1900x1400 is you times that by three, it would nearly equal 4k quality. A 7770 is not rated for 4k, and even if your specific card is, I am positive that you will have bad frame rates. I suggest upgrading to a HD 7870 or higher to stay comfortable above the minimum.

I hope this helps!

What you're trying to do is called Eyefinity, or Nvidia Surround if you use an Nvidia GPU.

It requires all three monitors to be of the same resolution. Ideally they would be of the same model so that you will have consistent image color on each screen.

Getting two cards is not an absolute requirement for Eyefinity. One R9 290 should give you good triple monitor performance at reasonable game settings. That way you won't have to spend on a new board and probably another copy of Windows as well. A 550W or better PSU will be able to run the 290 comfortably.

TRENDING THREADS