Which of these AM3+ mobos is better?

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
then I would advise a mobo with 990 chipset. these chipset can have CF only with one of the PCIe uses 2.0*4, that will bottleneck any card. other than that, I use a Asus M5A97 EVO Motherboard that is fine for me with no CF, you mught consider that series as well

from being a AMD fan boy this is the first time i am concidering going intel. buying amd is buying the past. there boards that you get today are realy that boards that you got years ago. so if i was to spend $$ on a new build today i would want somthing that had the newest tech, on the board and not somthing that i had 3 years ago that i am wanting to upgrade from. i dont see any thing that amd offers that i dont allready have thats getting old [am3+]. but thats just me. amd into the apu game there chips are kinda so so right now but the fm2+ boards are more up to the date. i'm waiting to see what the next gen of the FM2+ chips bring to the table. but to me the AM3+ line is one foot in the grave and the outher on a bannana peel.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
dont underestimate the AM3+ platform. It has lower and higher end boards as well, and I reckon it is a plus feature, that they use the same slot for more generation of CPUs instead using new ones at every small change, see at intel

i got one so i can ''underestamate it'' its not all that bad but if i spend i want the latest and the AM3+ dont offer that. amd is into the apu game and the am3+ is near end of life with realy nouthing new to show for it. like i said what do they offer that was not offered 2 years ago on the board? realy not much. pretty much a dead zone there. if a gut wants the latest upto date platform from amd he's going apu not am3+

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
what features are you looking for? it has 6Gb/s Sata connectors for SSD, has eSata, USB 3.0, click Bios, everything I could wish for although I dont know what features are you looking for?
I think we can say, that AMD and Intel following different paths= AMD use one slot for a long time, and yes, thats true, their CPU range could use a new generation of CPU, but it is promised by 2014 and theri CPUs are not that bad, and there is Intel, showing off new range of CPUs every year or so, with small changes with new slots for each generation. it is down to personal preference
but we went a little bit off here, OP do you need CF or not?

the amd+ roadmap...bulldozer, knocks down everything that amd built up in the decreite platform...pile driver.... beat it into the ground.... excavator....digs a hole to put it in..... undertaker.... finishes burying it .

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I believe AMD new series Piledriver CPUs are quite decent, especially for their money, and if you are looking to multitasking in threaded apps, they can be quite good! in my case for example
although I can understand if someone goes to Intel side

my am3+ does fine i'm just saying that if i was to spend my money TODAY it would not be to buy in the past. ya there still good and capable and may serve you well i built this one when just a little after am3+ first came out and there has been little to no change in the platform. with amd there money is the apu market and this stuff is barely an afterthought. as far as a am3+ board goes if i had to chooes one i think i'd go with the giga 990fx ud3 rev.4.0