PC World Return & Refunds Help Please

Thirusan

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I bought a computer from PC world and have used it for about 3 years now and I've been paying monthly for a 'care plan' which means the warranty is on going until i stop paying for it. The computer became extremely and freezes up at times, when i mentioned this to them to them they took my computer in and all they did was clean it and replace the thermal past. Which didn't solve the issue.

I want a new computer for Christmas is there a way that i could make them give me a refund.

The 'Care plan' is a warranty for the software and hardware. Apparently i avoided the software warranty by removing windows and installing Linux. But the hardware warranty still stands.

What could i say to them that would make them give me a refund.
Please help.

Solution
Looks like you'll get nothing until after a 3rd repair doesn't fix the problem. Sorry. Then they'll replace it with an "equivalent" computer via vouchers and they don't say what the value of the vouchers will be. So if you can give up the computer for two more repair attempts, possibly totalling 41 days repair time and they could still at the end declare it fixed because they could claim it's only broken in your imagination because you have no record of speeds prior to the problem.

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Looks like you'll get nothing until after a 3rd repair doesn't fix the problem. Sorry. Then they'll replace it with an "equivalent" computer via vouchers and they don't say what the value of the vouchers will be. So if you can give up the computer for two more repair attempts, possibly totalling 41 days repair time and they could still at the end declare it fixed because they could claim it's only broken in your imagination because you have no record of speeds prior to the problem.

Solution