MSI Radeon R9 270x screen issue(white strips)

tomson23

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hello, I have issue with my new GPU. I have old monitor (HP v220) and I connected with it my new PC. It's connected by D-sub and VGA adapter because that monitor don't have analog interface. When I'm playing in BF3 or other new games, when I'm standing in dark place I can see white strips passing through the screen (horizontally). It's a bit annoying and I didn't have the problem on my old computer with my monitor, so I think it's GPU fault. What should I do, I have the newest drivers...
Here's video : http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=t6qedg%3E&s=5#.Uq8SnuLt_os

Solution
Are you sure it's not just screen tearing? Enable vsync and see if the lines appear again.

Otherwise make sure the cable is tight on both ends, and set the card to run at 1000Mhz core clock.
Yes you are right, most things are visible with naked eye. And no, you are not the only person with that problem. It could be the monitor or the GPU itself.

Try another monitor to isolate the problem. Or you can try by changing the cables which connects the monitor. Or you may need a BIOS update.

And two questions for you : 1. What is the make/model of PSU ? 2. Did you updated the driver for GPU ?

Radeon R9-270X - requires 24Ampere on +12V rail and a 500W PSU minimum

It could run on a 450W PSU, but that VS series is not that good, so maybe its not providing enough power to run the card when on full load.

Power consumption AMD Radeon R9-270X

1.System in IDLE = 116W
2.System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 283W
3.Difference (GPU load) = 167W
4.Add average IDLE wattage ~10W
5.Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 177 Watts

I meant MB BIOS, gut you could update the GPU BIOS also.

Try to borrow a PSU from someone and test with it.

tomson23

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Well I enabled vsync in AMD CCC, but it didn't changed anything. But I checked in BF3 graphic options and I enabled vsync there. There aren't any strips now, but only in game ( also my FPS decreased from 77 to 60, and usage of GPU form 100% to 75% by afterburner)
So in my opinion diabled vsync is the problem, but what with games like GTA4 without vsync option?

VP OverKill

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

i have the same problem but i think u use vga cable with ur ild monitor... buy a new one and try that coz using hdmi connectoe may solve it..