3 computers, 2 monitors, 1 single monitor KVM

goon4629

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I want to if this is possible.

I have three devices a desktop running Windows 7 (M1), a laptop running Ubuntu (M2), and a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion (M3). I also have two monitors A and B.

M1 will have a dual monitor setup with A and B. Monitor A will only be connected to M1. But monitor B needs to switch between all three devices. I'm assuming a KVM switch is needed. However, I want the mouse and keyboard to switch between without any button pressing. Like using ShareMouse or Synergy. So, when I move the mouse to the right on monitor A it will switch to monitor B and whatever device is displayed via the KVM.

Is this possible? Do I need to combine a KVM switch and Synergy/ShareMouse? How would that work? I basically what to just move the mouse between monitors and have it automatically send inputs to the right computer.

Thanks. And if it can't be done, it can't be done. It would be cool if it could

a KVM switch will handle switching 1 monitor+mouse+keyboard between however many devices that particular switch supports.

You will need to push a button, depending on model, but one button push switches all 3 peripherals. Some KVM's have an OSD that allows you to switch without having to physically touch the KVM.