Laptop for Movies and Light Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnie_mee

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Hello,

I need to buy a Laptop to watch movies, browse the internet, run a few softwares like eclipse and visual studio for office work, and lastly to play Pro Evolution soccer at Low to medium settings. My Budget is near about Rs. 40000

I would prefer to buy Dell or HP. I have gone through so many laptop reviews and seriously confused. Moreover can someone tell me if intel i5 4200U is good for anything, because most of the dell notebooks come with that Cpu in my budget. But i doubt the capability of that processor.

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
You need to post a few laptops from the hardware stores you plan to buy that are around your budget. We'll then help you to choose. I don't know where you live exactly so I can't offer you a laptop and assuming that you'll be able to buy it.

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
I'd go with Lenovo Essential G510. It has a better CPU than the rest and it's using DDR3L RAM which has lower voltages, thus lower heat and better working frequency. The in-build GPU HD 4600 is good enough for light gaming.

ronnie_mee

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

Looking at it from a Price effective view, i am also inclined towards Lenovo but i am not sure of its build quality and lifespan. Plus the look and feel is not the same as Dell or HP.

What are your thoughts on this one :

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-vostro-2520-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-linux/p/itmdgszzgzxysh63?pid=COMDGSZAUFHNHGSD&otracker=from-search&srno=t_4&query=dell+vostro&ref=507e4efe-eaf7-4214-a622-cdd52b8f0af0

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Well slightly weaker CPU, also weaker GPU. The battery lasts up to 2 hours less than Lenovo's and doesn't have USB 3.0. I wouldn't consider it.

Just to explain myself better, I am trying to give you the best performance/value choice, not looks, solid build or lifespan. That's up to you.

Lenovo G510 seems to have good reviews and they are a respectable laptop company. So I guess they have reliable laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.