Can't reply because I don't have permission. Wtf.

jeproject

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Can't reply to a forum post. I am the OP of the thread and one person has answered. Now I can't answer because I don't have permission.

Socially and knowledge-wise this forum is fantastic but the actual forum code and UI is horrendous. I don't know how you guys put up with it. What's wrong with vBulletin or something like that?

No central control for thread tracking or email updates is well annoying. None of the options are available upfront. It's like everything is just tacked on where you can fit stuff around the adverts.

Why don't I leave? I've been trying to deactivate my account all day but just keep getting error 500.

jeproject

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011

The followed page doesn't seem to allow me to remove them from that page so I'd have to go to each individual thread and remove them, is that correct?

Also I meant that to unsubscribe email notification for a specific thread you have to go to that thread.

So using the links "Unfollow | Stop tracking this thread" on each thread are the only way to control email and site thread subscriptions. If this is correct then I stand by what I said, if I'm wrong then I'm glad and I wont have to keep removing them in such an inefficient way once the threads are dead.

To remove a thread from that page, you do have to go to the thread and stop tracking it. You can remove all threads from that page, but I think thats a bit more than you want.
IMO its not an issue, active threads will be bumped to the top and inactive threads will sink down. Occasionally a thread will be resurrected and you get a notification, but it doesnt happen too often.

Unticking that box will make it so that by default you don't get emails for activity on any new threads you participate in, any threads you already are tracking will still get emails unless you go back and use the manually say otherwise.