[Solved] No Signal Error After Installing A New Windows

dimabal10000

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
After installing a new windows (7), I'm having an issue... Whenever I plug in my 1680 x 1050 Monitor I get a "No Signal" error and then a black screen!

If I plug in my other monitor 1280 x 1024 it works fine.

Before Microsoft updates I also had issues with resolution when my 1680 x 1050 monitor was plugged in.

I think it might be detected as a TV or something.

Did anyone have this issue before?

Solution
I fixed my issue.

This is what I did:

Instead of using the DVI, I used a VGA.

Since my video card doesn't support VGA I also had to use a converter.

After plugging in the VGA I right away got a signal.

But It wasn't over yet... I had another problem, my monitor resolution wasn't there. So I went ahead and downloaded the Beta drivers (latest ones). And while installation I had a box pop out that asked me If I would like to install "Display Drivers" I Pressed "Install"... And that gave me my right monitor resolution back.

Problems didn't end yet tho.

My last problem was: If I used 60 Hertz then the screen looked as if the monitor screen was wet... I couldn't read anything.

When I placed 75 Hertz everything look crystal...

dimabal10000

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I fixed my issue.

This is what I did:

Instead of using the DVI, I used a VGA.

Since my video card doesn't support VGA I also had to use a converter.

After plugging in the VGA I right away got a signal.

But It wasn't over yet... I had another problem, my monitor resolution wasn't there. So I went ahead and downloaded the Beta drivers (latest ones). And while installation I had a box pop out that asked me If I would like to install "Display Drivers" I Pressed "Install"... And that gave me my right monitor resolution back.

Problems didn't end yet tho.

My last problem was: If I used 60 Hertz then the screen looked as if the monitor screen was wet... I couldn't read anything.

When I placed 75 Hertz everything look crystal clear BUT I had unfixable borders around the screen.

Finally, I just went into "Create Custom Resolution" and set these settings:

1600 x 1050

70 Hertz...

This fixed everything :)

Is there anything I should know? Does anyone think they know why my DVI does not work... Thank You!

Solution