$800 gaming computer advice/suggestions?

Sezuzi

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Hello i have a budget of around $800 dollars, i currently have the current specs listed below. if you could post different part's that you would prefer, or give your opinion on my current setup, or even if you have a completely different setup that you would suggest, i would be extremely thrilled. thank you! I'm also not completely sure of the compatibility of these parts, and im new to building so i dont want to break the parts. i am in college and quite broke :)

computer parts: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=29247707

Solution
Hi,

First, I don't see a gpu in there and you need once since the mobo doesn't have an integrated GPU.
If you play games, get at least a gtx 660 / radeon 7950 for descent gaming. A gtx 760 or radeon would be even better depending on your budget.

Change you Western Digital WD IntelliPower 64MB to a Western digital 1 tb black -
the one you chose is better for servers and have a bad failure rate anyways.

The black edition gives you 5 year warranty and are the best disk on the market right now.

Also, the memory you have chosen is out of stock, you might want to get something with lower timing (7-8 but will be a bit more expensive)

Beside that, great CPU and SSD (samsung)

BTW their is already a network card integrated in the mobo...
Hi,

First, I don't see a gpu in there and you need once since the mobo doesn't have an integrated GPU.
If you play games, get at least a gtx 660 / radeon 7950 for descent gaming. A gtx 760 or radeon would be even better depending on your budget.

Change you Western Digital WD IntelliPower 64MB to a Western digital 1 tb black -
the one you chose is better for servers and have a bad failure rate anyways.

The black edition gives you 5 year warranty and are the best disk on the market right now.

Also, the memory you have chosen is out of stock, you might want to get something with lower timing (7-8 but will be a bit more expensive)

Beside that, great CPU and SSD (samsung)

BTW their is already a network card integrated in the mobo, so you could leave the Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps Network Adapter out

Same thing with the audio card. Unless you need a audio card for music production, you won't need that.

Solution

Sezuzi

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Ha! i cant believe i forgot a video card. i feel stupid, thanks for catching that ha. those suggestions are exactly what i needed thank you. my budget is only $850, does anyone have a good suggestion, or other parts to swap out for the most efficient gaming rig?

Sezuzi

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
also im a bit confused by this motherboard, as most video cards take PCI Express 3.0 x16 from the motherboard for compatibility right? so this motherboard only have 2.0 slots that means it will be very hard for me to find video cards that fit right?