Sign in with
Your question

How Far can I relatively safely overclock an AMD FX-8320 CPU?

Last response: in CPUs
December 18, 2013 4:36:19 AM

I took your guys advice & got this CPU while it was cheap xD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I plan to overclock it once I get my new motherboard but just wondering how far should I go? I bought a good cooling fan recently for the CPU I currently have so hopefully that will help a lot with heat, its a Cooler Master Hyper N520 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....
December 18, 2013 4:49:22 AM

(your question)

My answer: Until it Crashes.. hahaha, No sorry it depends on your specs a pretty unstable parts like your using an low grade or low wattage psu. Also how often you overclock it. Those are some factors to check if your in to overclocking. Also the cooling a HYPER 212 Evo is my choice.
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 4:58:37 AM

Depends how much temperature your system can handle, google search gpu-z to use to check your gpu perfomance.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a c 159 à CPUs
December 18, 2013 5:46:52 AM

Also depends on the motherboard you have. Some are garbage for overclocking. Anyway I have mine at 4.6 currently, that's a good healthy 1.1ghz overclock.
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 6:09:22 AM

I have had mine up to 4.8 with good temps and stable. I run it @4.2 generally.
As stated, it depends on many things.
Good air flow in your case too.
Move in small steps.
a b K Overclocking
a c 146 à CPUs
December 18, 2013 6:17:42 AM

There is no one perfect answer. The answer is it really depends. There are a lot of factors that go into how far you can over clock a CPU. The CPU itself, the motherboard, the motherboard chipset and CPU cooling all play a part in over clocking.
June 29, 2014 6:20:40 PM

rds1220 said:
There is no one perfect answer. The answer is it really depends. There are a lot of factors that go into how far you can over clock a CPU. The CPU itself, the motherboard, the motherboard chipset and CPU cooling all play a part in over clocking.

and dont forget your PSU as well! :) 
!