CM Hyper Evo 212 vs Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro All-in-One?

Egonieser

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Heya guys, first post here ^_^

I've been a long term PC builder, but i'm quite conservative with my builds and always stick with what i have used and tested in the past and don't experiment much, especially with water cooling.

So I recently rebuilt my rig from scratch:

i5 4670k @ OC 4.2Ghz
Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz Dual-Channel
Asus GF GTX 760 DirectCU II
Gigabyte Z87-HD3 motherboard
Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600W
+ several HDD's and SSD's, but that's irrelevant

I use Coolermaster HyperEvo 212 on my i5 and it is a very reliable and silent CPU, and keeps my CPU cool even on Prime95 and Intel diagnostics tests, max i reached was 52°C. But there is a problem - the cooler is massive and barely lets me fit anything else in it, it blocks out a massive portion of the case, it is both tall and wide making cable management very difficult and air flow is rather obstructed, also installing extra hardware is proving very difficult, not to mention i have no room for case side fans, i had to take the left side of my case off because the cooler is too tall.

I don't have a lot of room for a large case in my house as i only have a very minimal allocated space on my desk and i cannot place it anywhere else cause my 2 young children would probably pull it apart to neverland and back, i need a different alternative, like water cooling - i have plenty of space for it on the back side of the case.

I have my eye on the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro All-in-One and it seems decent for the price and gets many good reviews. What prevents me from buying one is; people say watercoolers make a lot of noise and that is a big problem with me. I want my systems to be as silent as possible, and HyperEvo 212 is barely noticable, if at all, even under loads.
Has anyone dealt with this Thermaltake cooler and can please let me know? If not, are there other watercoolers which are relatively silent and not overly bulky?
Don't get me wrong, this Coolermaster is brilliant, but it's size is a major issue, as i hate not having 1 side of the case being on, especially with children around.

Sorry for the long topic, but i want a proper opinion/answer and not stuff like: "Get a bigger case" etc, it won't happen, i need a very compact solution.

Thanks.

Egonieser

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

Its cooling probably is better, but is it silent though?