Verizon Will Publish Transparency Report Next Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Under what law can the U.S. government restrict a company from reporting the exact number of these requests? There has to be a way around that. Could the CEO state exactly how many requests have been made since he as an idividual has his freedom of speach is protected?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
What I would like to see, is how many of these requests are against US citizens.

Saying we had requests for information from the NSA 21k times, constitutionally doesn't mean anything.

If every request was against a foreign person then I don't care. Our constitution doesn't protect the rights of alien's legal or otherwise.

If every requests was against a US citizen on the other hand, then the government needs to take a hard look in the mirror and understand that just as they seek to use the information from these corporations to gain power, the eye's of these corporations can be turned onto them at a whim.

The government doesn't seem to care about the double edged sword they are seeing before them, and never seems to consider that it can swing the other direction just as easily until it's too late.

They have already granted immunity from prosecution for wiretapping to these corporations. They have set the stage to allow the corporations to legally blackmail themselves.

Do none of them study history of telecom, do none remember why wiretapping was made illegal, are none of them familiar with bell systems?

Insert Hubert Farnsworth image... "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"

Status
Not open for further replies.