PC Randomly Crashing While Gaming

Squezyy123

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Recently for not really any reason at all that i can find, my computer randomly restarts. The thing that's weird is that it only restarts while gaming. And it only restarts on games that could be hard to play. For instance i can play Dota 2 just fine no restarts and no problems, but if i play a game like DayZ of BattleField 4 it restarts about 5-10 minutes into the game. I need all advice and any help that can be provided.

CPU - i5 3570k
GPU - Nvidia GeForce 660
RAM - Kingston HyperX Black 8GB
MOB - MSI B75A-G43
PSU - Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12

Run a memtest with one RAM stick in at a time to rule out that, then look into the PSU as possibly the culprit. Maybe the GPU is going bad..can you describe the crash? audio with it? BSoD? Full instant shutdown?

JakeM7926

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
My old computer used to do the same thing, it would get hot and it would automatically shut down to protect the hardware, get a new heat sink and make sure there is sufficient air flow throughout your case

then it sounds like the PSU going bad, Rosewills arent the best units. They regularly put out less wattage than they claim, and when they get hot they can have problems. Sounds like an overheating issue, but isnt the GPU or CPU clearly, so im thinking PSU. Next PSU you get (id honestly get it out of there before it takes other parts with it, sounds like its failing) should be Antec brand, Seasonic, XFX, or Corsair.