Can I run two monitors on the GPU and one on the motherboard?

ElJeffersano

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Can I run two monitors on the GPU and one on the motherboard? I am thinking about getting a single Gigabyte GTX 780ti and an ASUS Maximus VI Hero. WOuld I see a drop in performance? Would it even work
Thanks in advance.

Are you wanting to run a Surround setup with that rig? If that is the case you will want all three monitors plugged into the GPU(780TI). Even if you are running a Surround setup there is no reason you can't plug them all into the GTX 780.

Depending on the motherboard yes you can run the igpu and GPU at the same time but with that high end GPU you really do not need to.

Wadesie16

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
As long as your CPU and motherboard support on-board video, yes. You can plug one monitor into the monitor and the other into the Graphics Card. You need to know that the two monitors may look a little different even if they are the exact same name and brand, because they will be running on separate drivers. I wouldn't recommend this, especially if you are purchasing a higher GPU. I would use either two Dual Link DVI cables or one Dual-Link and One Displayport.