HIS Radeon R9 290X IceQ X2 Turbo Spotted, Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

I don't know about any manufacturers other then Sapphire and HIS using blue pbc's and the reason they use them is the color blue is similar to the shade most common in sapphires and blue goes with HIS's theme of ice and general coldness.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I completely agree about the PCB color. It was one of the deciding factors when I brought my 660TI. I was going to go Gigabyte to match my Gigabyte Z77 board but having a black motherboard PCB then a blue GPU PCB put the color scheme off.

Still waiting for manufactures to provide black PCI brackets instead of the standard Silver too. So far NZXT and Orico are the only OEMs I know that provide them with their PCI products.

Some people want their PC to be a certain theme or color. I wont do white anything as I feel that's the old PC style and it reminds me of the white that went beige.

I get it though, if you spend $500+ on a GPU you want it to appeal in looks to you.

I recently did something I normally don't. I bought a $300 dollar motherboard, the Maximus VI Formula. One was the superior components but second was that I don't like the new gold theme Asus has (preferred the old blue) but am ok with red.

Plus I felt like spoiling myself for once with a high end mobo.

So I plan to replaced my HD7970 Vapor-X with a R9 290/290X from Asus to match my new red/black theme. It will look nice to me which is what matters the most.

HKILLER

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
the GIGABYTE OC version is out for 700$...i hope tom's hardware do a round up and let us know if they are worth 700$....why 700$?? the whole thing about R9 290X was the price performance now that it's as much as a GTX 780 Ti there isn't much about it!!!!500$-550$ you couldn't beat the price/performance but now....

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

I totally agree, you pick the best performance card (price/performance/acoustic) and screw the colour. Its not like you ever have to look at it unless you have a windowed case but the acoustics sucks on those things anyway.

colour coordinating the inside of your PC is just sad.

what is sad is that you judge other people for what they like to do. What does it matter to you?

rdc85

Honorable
As former owner of 2x HIS 5770. I know their cooler is good..

I know gold means prosperity in Chinese culture, but blue + gold..........(weird)

(I think black gold, red gold is better than blue gold)

RexlanVonSquish

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Seriously guys, come on. Stop worrying about the color. You'll only see the blue PCB inside your computer if you've got a window and you can't even see the 'top' of the cooler because they get flipped during installation. It's not a huge deal unless you're REALLY OCD, at which point you probably have already spent a small fortune on color-matching every part in your computer anyway.

Don't see the big deal. It's a graphics card and it's apparently a pretty good one.

RexlanVonSquish

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Seriously guys, come on. Stop worrying about the color. You'll only see the blue PCB inside your computer if you've got a window and you can't even see the 'top' of the cooler because they get flipped during installation. It's not a huge deal unless you're REALLY OCD, at which point you probably have already spent a small fortune on color-matching every part in your computer anyway.

Don't see the big deal. It's a graphics card and it's apparently a pretty good one.

maza90210

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I don't like the front of the cooler, but then again, you don't even see that on a normal PC build, so who cares? I do love the HIS cooling, can't wait for reviews. And I like the blue PCB, gives a little bit of variety over just black PCB everywhere.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

It doesnt really, however this is an enthusiast site. You not much of an enthusiast if you care more about the colour than performance.

I was not aware that i could not give an opinion. Who made you the boss of comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.