Computer restarting on boot up

mitchpman13

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here would happen to know why my computer is now deciding to restart on boot up. I have a Asus P8P67 pro rev3.1 mobo with a 2600k. In the bios I've had it on the Asus default overclock setting for about 1.5 years. I took it outside a few days ago and air compressed it out for its usual routine to remove dust. I brought it back inside and it kept rebooting (about 5 or more times before i held the power button and unplugged it) and only once I saw a message for it unable to apply the OC. I took off the OC, and it was fine, rebooted, turned the OC back on. Now my only issues is when I turn my pc on in the morning, it restarts only once every time, then goes to my desktop.

Also weird side note, when I switched the power switch on the back of my power supply to both on and off, it was still able to turn on. Not sure how that's a thing. ( I don't think its a power limitation)

Spec:
cpu: i7 2600k
mobo: p8p67 pro rev 3.1
ram: 16gb gskill 1600mhz
gpu: evga gtx 680 sc+
psu: cooler master gold series 800w
ssd: ocz vertex 3
hhd: seagate barracuda 1tb

well alot could of happend... air compressers build up lot of moisture and oil if theres not a water/oil seperator/filter inline you could of blew water/oil/ trash on to the board did you check or drain the air tank for water or oils.... did you check if anythind got knocked loose do to air pressure?.... when you turn off psu and unplug it you should then hit the power on button to discharge the board mine will come on for 1 sec. then die. if your board is older you may need a new board bios battery to keep the bios alive after the board has been discharged..... theres alot that could of happened. just sometimes things go 100 times good and then theres that 1 time bad.

mitchpman13

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

The air compressor does have an inline filter, it was my neighbors and he uses it all the time for his tools, its rather large so I'd imagine its for professional use but I always take caution with it since its so powerful.

Yes, I checked that after the restarting occurred. None of the wires had been moved.

The board was manufactured in 2011, so it's not really old, but I made sure to do this as well.

mitchpman13

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

My monitors don't even turn on, I just turn it on, wait like 5 seconds, then it shuts down, restarts, then it boots up properly.

wwell i dont know that is odd.. atleast its starting ... have you tryed to reseat the vid card in the slot? and did you recheck all your bios settings to see if there was a change there like the boot order? i'll think on it some but nothing just jumps out at the moment.

mitchpman13

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah I've checked my boot order, still goes from the SSD. Thanks for the help, no rush since it still works, was just concerned for that 1 reset it does oddly.

mitchpman13

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

It only does it when the computer shuts down and turns on. If I restart its fine.

mitchpman13

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Any time I shut the computer down at any time, then try to turn it back on, it will restart at least once then boot properly.

i was looking over at newegg at your board reviews and found this guys report '' Cons:

-Board does multiple boots when over-clocking parts to assure proper stability. Can get annoying.
-Default to double boot when not disabling the Sata6 controllers regardless of your Sata3 boot priorities.'' maby its just a board thing but funny it just started with you.