Recommend me an external HDD?

Jomi B

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
I'm looking to pick up a good external HDD to serve as a redundant backup and would be interested in hearing your experiences with your own external storage.

My current one is a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500GB that I've been pretty happy with, so I'm considering a Seagate Backup Plus 1TB. While there are larger sized drives out there, I don't need anything big. I never even filled up my GoFlex, which is half the size of what I'm looking at now.

I'm not interested in an external SSD or online storage, just regular old external HDD.

How have your experiences been with your own external storage, and which would you recommend? Have you heard anything bad about the one I'm considering?

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
i picked up a 3TB USB 3 WD mybook drive that has WD software to automate my backups, and I'm liking it. It was on special at Newegg for like $99. before that I used a sata ext drive $30 made to eject drives so u can use different drives... that came in handy using older smaller drives so i didn't have to buy a new one.