Reliable Inexpensive Stores

Jdizz66

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
I usually do my shopping on newegg and such but recently heard of Microcenter. Are there any cons of Microcenter aside from store only pickups? And also are there other stores like Microcenter? I live in Connecticut, but if the savings are worth it, I don't mind taking a fun trip to Boston or New York

Solution
Micro Center is one of the best places to pick up a cpu/mobo combo as they usually have the best prices. Often true on most (if not all) CPU prices. As with any seller, sometimes they have the best prices on other parts, but not always. As far as other stores like Micro Center, I'm not aware of any. I either use Micro Center's St. Louis store or buy online at Newegg (or other online e-tailors).

Only caveat to Micr Center store prices is watch out for how much a given store's sales tax is. In some cases, it has made the pricing more expensive than I could have gotten online. Benefit is no waiting (assuming the store has what you want in stock).

enemy1g

Honorable
I'm not sure about stores near where you live, but no, there's no downside to stores like Microcenter. On the west cost we have Frys, which is generally like Microcenter, but with worse deals.

animal

Distinguished
Micro Center is one of the best places to pick up a cpu/mobo combo as they usually have the best prices. Often true on most (if not all) CPU prices. As with any seller, sometimes they have the best prices on other parts, but not always. As far as other stores like Micro Center, I'm not aware of any. I either use Micro Center's St. Louis store or buy online at Newegg (or other online e-tailors).

Only caveat to Micr Center store prices is watch out for how much a given store's sales tax is. In some cases, it has made the pricing more expensive than I could have gotten online. Benefit is no waiting (assuming the store has what you want in stock).

Solution