Looking for opinions and tips for PC build

MichaelK91

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
As the title states, I am looking for opinions and tips on a future PC build I have come up with. This would be my first PC build ever. This will be a while from now, which I know will more than likely change the CPU and GPU. By the way, my name is Michael and I am new here. I saw nowhere where there was a introductions section as well.

Here is the link from PCPartPicker since I do not want to post a wall o' text:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qCDs

Solution
$3k. Pretty ambitious build. What is this to be used for?

1. You will likely have clearance conflicts with that cooler and those RAM sticks.

2. You almost certainly do not need to spend the extra for Win 7 Ultimate. Pro or Home Premium will work just as well.

3. Any particular reason for 32GB RAM?

USAFRet

Titan
$3k. Pretty ambitious build. What is this to be used for?

1. You will likely have clearance conflicts with that cooler and those RAM sticks.

2. You almost certainly do not need to spend the extra for Win 7 Ultimate. Pro or Home Premium will work just as well.

3. Any particular reason for 32GB RAM?

Solution

MichaelK91

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Well, for years, I have had a hand-me-down PC and a cheap one I am using now. I wanna go overboard with stuff and splurge. In terms of games I may be running at max is Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Battlefield 2 to name a few. I may run more advanced games further down the line when I build this rig. What RAM brand would you suggest? I chose this one because of the 32GB and because it got quite a bit high reviews.