how many monitors can sli 760 4gb support

Tags:
  • SLI
  • Support
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
December 24, 2013 4:54:33 PM

im wanting to use 3 monitors but if i could add more how many more and if i need a different card i'd like to know thx

More about : monitors sli 760 4gb support

December 24, 2013 4:58:38 PM

Probably another 2 or maybe even 3 more. At that point however, it's if your processor is able to handle 6 different things going on. Hope you have a good CPU and RAM.
m
l
a c 259 C Monitor
December 24, 2013 5:13:59 PM

Sli max would be 4 (3 surround with 1 accessory). Without sli you could go up to 8. 4 on each card.
m
l
Related resources
December 24, 2013 8:08:52 PM

HeyyScott said:
Probably another 2 or maybe even 3 more. At that point however, it's if your processor is able to handle 6 different things going on. Hope you have a good CPU and RAM.

so if i want to use 6 monitors would a 1155 i7 and 16gb ram be good or should i get 32?
m
l
a c 259 C Monitor
December 24, 2013 9:41:29 PM

What are you using the pc for?

Scott was talking about running multiple programs at the same time which is mostly irrelevant to the number of monitors.
m
l
December 24, 2013 10:24:18 PM

k1114 said:

Scott was talking about running multiple programs at the same time which is mostly irrelevant to the number of monitors.

You would assume if you have that many monitors, you will be running ton of program on, which in that case I was making sure OP has decent cpu and ram. Other wise, you have like 6 monitors and 2 things on screen.
m
l
a c 259 C Monitor
December 25, 2013 7:53:24 AM

If you're in sli, you can assume this is a gaming build and only running 1 intensive program.
m
l
December 25, 2013 10:25:53 AM

k1114 said:

k1114 said:
If you're in sli, you can assume this is a gaming build and only running 1 intensive program.

im wanting to start recording and editing video's but im wanting to also use the computer as kind of a hub thing (like connect it to a tv and watch videos in a bedroom or something(does that make sense?!?!?)) and im also wanting to use it for gaming
i guess and example of what im talking about is 3 monitors for the game one for displaning a video capture software then the another one for extra's then a tv for lyiing down and watching video's XD is that to excessive
and if i dont use sli will i cause problems or and latency issues ????? still new to the pc scene XD
thx
m
l

Best solution

a c 259 C Monitor
December 25, 2013 1:21:56 PM

If you don't sli then the game will only use 1 gpu, not both, so would have less performance. Video rendering can still use both gpus not in sli depending on the software. You can have all of the monitors hooked up but only 4 displaying at once in sli. You can always just switch which monitors are displaying or just disable sli when you don't need it and want all the other monitors on.

An i7 and 16gb is fine. You could probably be fine with 8gb. Although you should get 2 sticks so you have room to upgrade if needed. Be aware you need w7 pro, ult or any w8 for more than 16gb ram.
December 25, 2013 3:51:49 PM

k1114 said:
If you don't sli then the game will only use 1 gpu, not both, so would have less performance. Video rendering can still use both gpus not in sli depending on the software. You can have all of the monitors hooked up but only 4 displaying at once in sli. You can always just switch which monitors are displaying or just disable sli when you don't need it and want all the other monitors on.

An i7 and 16gb is fine. You could probably be fine with 8gb. Although you should get 2 sticks so you have room to upgrade if needed. Be aware you need w7 pro, ult or any w8 for more than 16gb ram.

ah ok thx thats helpful so w/o sli it will display on all monitors w/ sli only four righ just mmaking sure i understand
m
l
a c 259 C Monitor
December 25, 2013 7:57:22 PM

4 with sli.

8 without sli.
m
l