Alkeron Launches Class-E 211 Mini-ITX HTPC Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
$179? Ahahaha! For far to long these HTPac case manufacturers have been ripping us off. I'd never pay that ASTRONOMICAL price for what amounts to an IR receiver, cruddy PS and no more than $3-$5 dollars in metal. It might look good, but you'd be avfool to buy into this consumer racket.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
WOW!

So when the power supply fails you are basically stuck with a door stop because you cannot easily buy a replacement slim line power supply of your choice and swap it......

This is not innovative!!

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
makes sense. a cheaper to produce, simpler case than the cases of full blown pcs... 179 dollars. /s

hey, maybe dont try to gouge us so badly. while you are at it, design a better case. like the steam box. now THAT is a well designed case

It would be a better deal if they included a NANO PSU
Just go to google and search for "NANO Power Supply" or "NANO PSU" another good source is Embeded Computer Part Retailers. Its easy to find 120 to 180W NANO Power Supplies. The draw back is they use "power bricks" like you would find on a laptop.

The plus side is you are not limited to a tiny 60W PSU, that is non-standard and difficult to replace. Another plus is you will have extra room left in the case.

dtou

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I'm associated with manufacturer and I can say that the case is produces in small quantities for own use, therefore the price. It costs us around $100 to make at present volumes. We offer it to other system integrators as ourselves and we can offer them much better price. Retail market is not a priority at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.