Computer refuses to boot up with dedicated GPU.

belnades

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hi guys, I have a new computer and everything is working fine, except my motherboard unreliably switches between my GTX 660 and onboard chipset. This is really irritating and for a long time I could not get it to connect from the GTX 660 at all. I was eventually able to do this using an HDMI cable and my TV, but this isn't working either now.

I have a VGA monitor and would like to use that, but even when my GPU is attached to the monitor, the computer will STILL boot using the onboard chipset! Even though it has no indication that it should do so!

My motherboard is a M5A78L-M LX3, and is set in an order that SHOULD make the GPU the priority, but for some reason it still favours the chipset. Does anyone else have a clue what to do about this situation?

Processor - AMD FX 6300 (6x 3.50GHz) AM3+ Motherboard Asus M5A78L-M LX - AM3+, USB 2.0, SATA2 (MATX)
Memory - 8gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz Graphics 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC - DVI-D, DVI- ...
Graphics - 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC - DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI, DP, 3D Vision Ready
Power Supply - 550w Corsair VS550

belnades

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Yep, as I've said, it's come on once before on my tv through HDMI.