• Asus Hero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSI GD65

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Roza

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Hi guys first time posting on tom's hardware (be nice please :) )

I'm really torn on which mobo i should get either the asus rog hero or msi gd65, i've been reading a lot into both mobos and Tradesman1 keeps posing on most of them that asus is better, I would like someones opinion on the gd65.

To get an idea of what i want to do with my system; I would like to do some overclocking, play next gen games at 1080p 60fps v-synced and i would like to do some video editing, streaming and 3d modeling.

I am planning on getting a noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler (and of course im going to get haswell i5 4670k)

I have read about MSI's poor QC and Asus's really really really bad customer services, I have looked at the gd65 that has more phase cores than the asus hero and has the OC genie and audio boost, killer lan etc. for gaming.

But from the Hero there is a lot of things going for it such as the NIC is better (apparently) same as the sound also the BIOS and OC is better?

I am getting a Asus 7850 GPU (friend is selling me now and i will upgrade in a later date)

I can afford both MOBOS but of course if im paying more for nothing then i would rather pay for the cheaper one.

Just to mention this is my first build and I am making quite an investment i just want to make the right choice so i don't regret it in the future.

Thanks,

Roza