Part upgrade Advice needed. Nvidia 770 on an i7 920?

UltimaOX

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
So i currently have a Core i7 920 OC'd to 3.3ghz and an EVGA Nvidia 295 co-op 2gb and 12gb trichannel ram.

I am looking to upgrade to a Nvidia 770 and a AMD 8350 Vishera, but i cant afford to do both yet because i would need a new moboard with a socket AM3+ and new dual channel ram.

My question is, would my i7 920 be good enough to handle a nvidia 770 without any issues? ive heard all this talka bout "balanceing your cpu and gpu" but i havent found any solid method for finding the balance lol.

So yeah i just want to know if my i7 920 can handle a 770. Eventully ill upgrade the resst but for now i just dont have the money for a new moboard and ram as well ahah

Just add the graphics card, there's no need to change the CPU yet-even if you do, the AMD chip will be a small upgrade at best, to get any useful improvements you'll need to go for a fast, current i5 at the very least, a significantly more expensive option.
The only possible issue is the monitor resolution: if it's below 1080 rez you might want to look into improving that rather than the CPU/MB change.
The balancing is to reduce restrictions: First the CPU needs to produce the raw data for the graphics card which then has to render the image, then the monitor has to display it, in an ideal world all three will work in perfect synchronisation, in reality one is always slower than the other, so the systems overall performance-in this case measured in FPS- will be limited by the slowest component or the monitor refresh rate if Vsync is enabled.
A gaming system should have at least a small bias towards the graphics side. ;)