Help, Sapphire HD7850 can only manage 2 monitors, not 3

tkastiel

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
2 years ago I purchased my PC with a 7850 and had all 3 monitors up and running smoothly with little issues.

My existing monitors all HP 2211x and each has a DVI and VGA connector.

SapphireHD7850 has 2 mini display ports, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI

Initially I was using 1 apple MiniDP to VGA, 1 Apple MiniDP to DVI and a straight DVI to DVI to connect all 3 monitors and all worked just fine until about a month ago when the third monitor would start blinking on and off and then wouldnt come back on until I disconnected it and swapped connections between the two MiniDP connectors.

Currently only 2 are working. I cannot get any image on a 3rd monitor. I have tried every setup imaginable. I can only get any 2 monitors to work at one time.

I do not need eyefinity. I just need all 3 to work at the same time.

My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z68-V

Any thoughts or advice? Do I need to buy a new graphic card?

My GPU
Sapphire Radeon 7850

My Monitors
HP2211x

I have 3 DVI cables, 3 VGA Cables, 1 MiniDP to VGA adapter (active according to apple), 1 MiniDP to DVI (not active according to apple) and 1 MiniDP to DVI (Active) Accell MiniDP to DVI Active

Thank you.

Solution
I know in most of the cases HDMI will not work with DVI simultaneously, so I told you make the connection as DVI for HDMI with some adapter. There is a difference between signal, so when you connect both DVI and HDMI the PC will see the HDMI as a analog signal, so wont work, that's why try to make it digital with some adapter. I think it will work then.
Are you sure all the monitors are ok ? and the adapters ?

I would use the setup like this : 1. Monitor DVI to GPU DVI 2. Monitor DVI to GPU HDMI using a active HDMI to DVI adapter, so the connection would be DVI not HDMI 3. Monitor DVI to GPU MiniDP using a active MiniDP to DVI adapter, so the connection would be DVI not MiniDP.

tkastiel

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I verified all monitors and adapters connectivity and function one by one using my laptop.
I cant use both the HDMI and the DVI ports on the GPU at the same time, they don't work together for some reason?

I know in most of the cases HDMI will not work with DVI simultaneously, so I told you make the connection as DVI for HDMI with some adapter. There is a difference between signal, so when you connect both DVI and HDMI the PC will see the HDMI as a analog signal, so wont work, that's why try to make it digital with some adapter. I think it will work then.

Solution