Third monitor not working.

BlooWahFull

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I have an MSI Radeon HD 7970 video card that has 1 DVI, 1 HMDI, and 2 mini Display ports on it. I have one 24" ASUS Monitor plugged in via DVI, a 24'' Sansui Flatscreen plugged in via HDMI, and both are showing output and everything was great. But I purchased a third 24" ASUS monitor and tried hooking it up to my pc via one of the Mini Display ports with a mini DP - HDMI adapter. However this doesn't work and my third monitor isn't showing any output at all for HDMI. In catalyst control center, It recognizes the third monitor, but it's disabled and I can't use it without disabling one of the other monitors. Anyone know what I'm messing up on? Thanks.

^ That sums it up right there. For Eyefinity to work on most all of the HD 6xxx and 7xxx cards you must have DisplayPort to DisplayPort native or a Active DisplayPort Adapter. As I understand it that was changed in the R9 cards but with yours it will have to be Active.

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished

Yep that`s we talk about :)
If it`s not working you can log in Custommer Complayn to remove Eyfinity Mark On it :)