Need help with front audio jack

ElfxMint

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Ok, so this is really pissing me off first of all. I recently got a razer kraken headset that I've been using. My front audio jack though no longer works due to what I think is wear and tear. What really happened is I wasn't being careful and the long cord wrapped itself around my leg, so when i got up turned around and walked the cord ripped from the socket. Anyways I'm using a Gateway All-in-one package model number ZX6961. When I plug in my headphones everything is ok except I can't hear anything. It recognizes they are there and everything its just i can't hear, and my headphones are not the problem.

ElfxMint

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I tried plugging in my headphones from the backjack but no sound comes out, idk why. I'm not great with computers but I have some knowledge. I'd love to be able to use the backjack though.

ElfxMint

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
yeah maybe it is my headset, i tested it on some other sound and it worked, there are two connections. For the headset you can unplug one of its jacks so its just standalone for sound or you can plug it into a jack which then splits off into a mic jack and an audio jack. It works when it's just a standalone heaset but when I try to use the mic and the audio it doesn't work. When it pulled on the computer it must've broken it somehow although it looks perfectly fine. I just got this headset for christmas, so I guess I'll have to get it replaced...ugh

I'm not sure I follow you mentioned that it worked on another device. After the cord pulling did it work on a different device. Also alex very good suggestion with the 3.5 bay you'd need to route the cable to the onboard audio pins but its easy enough.

Also, I have a fairly long cable for my headset thinking of purchasing something like this. This may be appealing for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Headphone-Holder-Over--Headphones/dp/B004LPZBD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388097572&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+holder