Question about a monitor vs a tv 1080p

hunter99507

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I have a 27in 1080p monitor, everything looks great! I wanted to see what it would look like if I had a 37in tv hooked up. Everything looks great but one thing. The screen realeastate. Even though I selected 1920 x 1080 for the TV resolution everything seems bigger (icons, start menu ect)

So instead of having 10 icons in a row on my desktop, it now only shows 6 icons, then starts a new row. I hope I am explaining this enough, but i would like to know how to "fit more in the screen" with the tv like my monitor does. (10 icons per row instead of 6 icons per row)

Solution
Uh i think you can reduce the size of everything by going right click on desktop click personalize. Then on the left click display. Then you should be able to set size of all items between Small Medium Large. At least on Windows. So I guess you would set size to smaller to fit more things. Hopefully that works for you!

purechoas

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Uh i think you can reduce the size of everything by going right click on desktop click personalize. Then on the left click display. Then you should be able to set size of all items between Small Medium Large. At least on Windows. So I guess you would set size to smaller to fit more things. Hopefully that works for you!

Solution

hunter99507

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
UPDATE: Ok that suggestion worked I just has to restart. But that only fixed half of the problem. My windows "desktop" is fixed but my start screen is not. I am running windows 8.1. Thanks

Ok I found it. You can make your start menu icons smaller under "pc settings and devices" menu.

Thanks for all the help!

purechoas

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

No problem! :)

For future reference you can also go to desktop, click on an empty space and hold CTRL then Zoom in or out to make icons bigger/smaller.

I remember I once accidently made my recycle bin HUUUGE took me a while to figure out how to fix it.