Can I connect two monitors to my hp laptop while the laptop screen is closed, so I am only using the two external monitors

Quakemz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Theoretically yes, provided your laptop has two video ports to connect the monitors to. I wouldn't generally suggest doing this with a laptop though, you don't want to put much more stress on the laptop than you need. They generally get hot enough as it is.

Quakemz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

You must not know exactly what you're doing...I do it all the time, along with everyone that I know that has done it. You probably just have it set to sleep if you close the lid or something.

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

I'm not very good with laptops. Too much hassle, you can probably teach me a thing or two. How would you do that? you could help him and me out.

Quakemz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

go to your control panel, power options, then something like "choose what closing the lid does" or something to that effect. You most likely have yours set to sleep when it is closed, which is really common in laptops unless you have changed it before.

Quakemz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

This is a great site for all levels of tech users, from complete beginner to experienced professionals.

Never be afraid to ask anything on this site. Generally there are tons of nice people looking to help you. :)