Upgrading parts in Canada. Budget $500-$950(Hopefully from memoryexpress.com)

Pcgamers2013

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Current Specs

Motherboard: Z68X-UD5-B3
Video Card: Ati Radeon Hd 5770 1Gb
Processor: Intel I5-2500k 3.30Ghz(Oc'd to 3.6Ghz)
Memory: 16Gb G-Skill PC3-12800(1600MHz)
Case: Antec 900
SSD: 120gb Vertex 2
HDD: 2 1TB 7200Rpm running in Raid 1 for backup
Powersupply: 650w

Hello, thank you for your time. I normally build my own computer and get by, but today I decided I'd ask the community their opinions. My current thoughts as of now are as follows....

Motherboard: The Z68X-UD5-B3 has done me well. I've had a few weird issues with it that don't really bother me.

Video Card: The 5770 is the most outdated thing in my computer. Problem is if I update the video card to something Pci express 3.0, I feel that my motherboard bottle necking it is silly(although it's not like that is a problem with the current games out there right now I feel).

Processor: The I-2500k has also done me well, but when I do stream(which isn't very often) I max it far to easily. Whether or not I upgrade it or leave it the same, I am considering getting a decent heat-sink so I can overclock without worry.

Memory: They are doing me well, I don't see the need to upgrade unless I get a new motherboard it doesn't support.

Case: Been around for many years. If the pieces fit and I still have good airflow, it works.

SSD: Not the Ssd I originally wanted, but it is fine.

HDD: Also fine

Powersupply: I have had this guy as long as I've had the case. He's a champ so far.

So what do you recommend I do with the $500-$950 budget from memoryexpress.com, Tigerdirect.ca, Newegg.ca, or any other I might be forgetting?

The video card is really the only thing that would make much difference, although if you are looking for more regular application performance, you can upgrade the CPU. Intel Core i7-4770K would probably be the only upgrade worth doing for the CPU. Anything lower you will be too close to the performance of your current CPU to bother.

Then a good high range video card would match it, GeForce GTX 770, keep in mind that it needs a 6 AND an 8 pin power plug. You can go one range lower for a GTX 760 which needs two 6 pin connectors.