Will I get in trouble if I use my HP coupon code?

rafflynn

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I work in an IT department. One of our users had a problem with some HP equipment. I reported the issue to HP, but they said they couldn't find the exact replacement part and just gave me a coupon code that gives me a credit of $125. I later reported the issue a different way, and a different person helped me, and they found the correct part, and they're shipping it to me. So now I still have this $125 coupon code. Will I get in trouble if I use it? Are they tracking the coupon code to see what I buy with it?

Update: You people are right. I'm poor and had a moment of weakness. The thought of finally being able to get a tablet just blinded me. I'll just keep saving for one, and maybe I'll be able to get one in another year or so. Even if I didn't get in trouble for using the code, it's just not the right thing to do (even if HP is a big faceless company that makes billions of dolars a year). I'll let the first person know that I won't need the code.

Solution
You people are right. I'm poor and had a moment of weakness. The thought of finally being able to get a tablet just blinded me. I'll just keep saving for one, and maybe I'll be able to get one in another year or so. Even if I didn't get in trouble for using the code, it's just not the right thing to do (even if HP is a big faceless company that makes billions of dolars a year). I'll let the first person know that I won't need the code.

Trenchcoat

Honorable
May 7, 2013

As with all big companies, small individual fraud can slip through the cracks and is more expensive to prosecute than to lose. Fraud while using a company's name however can be overprosecuted. Don't do it.

rafflynn

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
You people are right. I'm poor and had a moment of weakness. The thought of finally being able to get a tablet just blinded me. I'll just keep saving for one, and maybe I'll be able to get one in another year or so. Even if I didn't get in trouble for using the code, it's just not the right thing to do (even if HP is a big faceless company that makes billions of dolars a year). I'll let the first person know that I won't need the code.

Solution