i can connect to internet skype and wifi but i cant open my games

nico2294

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
hi
well i just got internet back and im using techsavvy they dont have a modem with wifi so i bought a d-link router dir835, for some strange reason i can connect to the internet surf every page and use the wifi but on my desktop which is connected with a wire from the router. it doesnt let me open certain programs that need a connection such as my videocard driver it shows i have updates but when i try to update it from the program it says no internet connection , same with opening league of legends it stays at trying to connect with server 1.. 2...3. then shows the options to try to fix it . it happens with world of warcraft aswell but i bypass it with opening it from the folder and i can play with no problem ..

what caan i do to fix this issue so i can open the other programs .. the router is brand new

nico2294

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

yea sorry i should of been more specific i have tech savvy cable internet, i bought the modem they supply but it isnt a WiFi modem for my other electronics so i bought a d-link router Dir-835 my connections set up is like this

cable to tech savvy modem ------ internet connection to router----- which i have a Ethernet cable going to my desktop
my desktop doesn't have WiFi intergrated.