Cheap computer case leds? (Canada)

ProcrastZkc

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
Umm, so I have no idea under which category this should be...
Anyways, so Im about to make my first build and I intend to use some leds to flash my build up. I dont want to spend too much on them though (20$?), so does anyone know a store/website that has them cheap?

P.S. I plan on putting them on the inside of the windowed side (yea you know the side of the side) of the case as well as some underneath my case

Thanks!

Solution

Ahh okay. I see what you mean. as far as legit goes, I have ordered led strips plenty of times with all different sellers and not once had an issue with an item arriving at my location. biggest problem is normally TIME, as most don't even offer faster shipping options. as well as, choosing a...

Cubeandcore

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Ebay! or Alibaba for good prices. Any LED string with 12V (very common) will do. Get a 2-pin connector (or quick connector to avoid soldering) to connect them to your PSU's 12V plug. Simple as that. Hope it helps. Cheers!

ProcrastZkc

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

Thanks!
They are indeed very cheap, but I've never shopped on Ebay... so how should I know which sellers are "legit"?

Also, how do you use a 2-pin connector? First time I've heard of it... Any videos (Youtube) ?

Cubeandcore

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Ahh okay. I see what you mean. as far as legit goes, I have ordered led strips plenty of times with all different sellers and not once had an issue with an item arriving at my location. biggest problem is normally TIME, as most don't even offer faster shipping options. as well as, choosing a more specific white tone. I had this problem. Looking for the cheapest natural white LEDs was hard (still is). some sell 4500k as natural white some 5000K. the cheaper ones too blue, more in the 600k range i'd say. 4800k is your best bet for natural but it will cost more, too.

i'm sure i'm just repeating what you already know but review the previous sold items that match what you have in mind and you'll hopefully get a better idea of the seller.

finally, alibaba's got ray wu, who i heard good things about though never dealt with personally. i ordered from gree-leds before, good communication, but payment is complicated as it is western union or wire transfer (! jupp still exists). their shipping is really fast.

Hope this helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS