• Corsair Hydro Series H60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No upgrade needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Georgehillier

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Hey there, I've just moved my build over to a new case as my temps were a bit too high for my liking and to get some more space.

I just ran a stress test and my CPU (amd fx6200) sat at 65/66C. Is it worth me upgrading my heatsink? I was considering either getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or a Corsair Hydro Series H60.

Also, my motherboard can only support 1 3pin case fan, so at the moment I have a 3pin to 3x3pin splitter to run 3 fans, along with 2xmolex to 3pin adapters which then each have a 3pin to 2x3pin. Because of the splitters some of the fans are running at a lower rpm, so would it also be worthwhile investing in a fan controller so that I can set the fans to run at the same rpm? If so then could someone please suggest a fan controller in the UK that can take 7 fans (6 is fine too) and that isn't over £30.

Sorry for the really long post but I just had a couple of questions and wanted to include all the details.
Thanks, George.

EvgaLover

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
When i replaced my intel stock cooler with a Coolermaster tx3 evo, i dropped about 35 degrees celsius with a good thermal paste and the hyper 212 evo should be slightly better so you will see such a big change. Especcially if you overclock.

Georgehillier

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I'm not overclocking and don't plan on doing so, just because I have no need to. I am just considering getting a new cooler as the stock one is a bit loud (I've got quiet edition case fans which is a bit pointless when the cpu fan drowns it out).

Also, is there a cpu cooler that is quieter and moves more/the same amount of air as the hyper 212 EVO?

Thanks, George.

EvgaLover

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Sorry no, the cooler master tx3 evo is my very first aftermarket cooler actually and that runs quite like a mouse but the hyper 212 evo should run just as quite

scott laidlaw

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I would recommend coolmaster cpu coolers, The one i have (forgot what its called) Its brilliant its a fan and heatsink cpu cooler but my god i run an oc'd amd a8-6600k at 4.4ghz and when im on chrome or doing light stuff my cpu stays at 0 degrees
2jfdmwj.png
which i think is pretty damn good so i highly recommend a coolmasters cpu cooler its also quite :D

Georgehillier

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I've decided I'll probably be getting the hyper 212 EVO as it seems the best for the money, but I'm worried about its size, would it fit in my corsair 300r case?

I would consider the arctic freezer series. It is one of the few heatsinks that doesn't require a backplate. It just uses the stock mounting. Can save a lot of hassle during installation on an existing system. The most recent model is the arctic freezer 13.

Georgehillier

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

Oh right, with the hyper 212 evo would I have to change the backplate then?

And which one will give me better performance and noise levels, the arctic freezer 13 or the cm hyper 212 evo?
They're both roughly the same price so it's just down to performance really. I don't mind changing the backplate as It will give me an excuse to do some better cable management :L

Georgehillier

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I think I'll probably go with the hyper 212 evo as it has the better cooling out of them and it will still be quieter than the stock cooler I've got.
Thanks for all of your help guys!

TRENDING THREADS