1150 vs 1155 socket motherboards?

thefpspower

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
All I want to know is if 1150 socket is really worth it, is it better? Is it faster?
Seriously, 1155 is older but the motherboards look much higher quality for the price and at the same time the processors are cheaper, but are they going to disappear in the near future?
Thats my big question because I don't know if its really worth it if later I have to upgrade everything to upgrade my pc.

What do you think?

Does this look higher quality...
12250_3.jpg

Than this?
8009_3.jpg

I don't think you should be considering how a motherboard looks as far as quality is concerned. You can tell if a motherboard is quality or not based on the chipset it is using, the price it is at, and the most important one is the components on the board.

If you have a socket 1155 board + CPU, I wouldn't bother upgrading. But if you're looking for a new computer, there is almost no reason to go with socket 1155, as socket 1150 not only supports the newer, faster and more efficient CPUs from Intel, but the newer chipsets available on socket 1150 has more features than the older chipsets on socket 1155.

I agree with Lmeow ! no reason to upgrade to 1150 if you are running 1155.
I also think the big mobo makers successfully make better boards each generation.
My new Z87X is packed with features and was, significantly, cheaper price wise then my P55 gen mobo was.
If your building/upgrading from an older platform I would skip 1155 and go with an 1150.

thefpspower

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks :)