GPU stops sending signal to monitor after gaming ===>PC Shuts down

Johnny_V

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hello there,
It seems that very recently my graphics card had this problem.I have a Sapphire Radeon HD7850.One day it stopped giving signal to my monitor and my PC was beeping differently when I tried to start it up.One long two short beeps if I remember correctly.Anyway,I took the graphics card back to the store where they changed its fans and cooling system.

Now,my PC starts up nicely,and I have very good temperatures on all my hardware.(GPU temp=25C on desktop , max=63 while gaming).Usually,after I stop playing a game that heats up my card and I go back to my desktop where its temperature is lowering steadily back to 25-27C,in about 5-10 minutes it stops sending signal to my monitor and I have to shut it down.On top of that,its fans are going like crazy,like they are about to extinguish a fire or something...That last part about the fans doesn't happen every time though.

I think GPUs aren't supposed to shut down on their own or,in any case,shut down the whole system for safety purposes,unless they reach like 90-100C and mine won't even reach 70C!!(I use OpenHardwareMonitor to check my hardware's temperature just fyi).I have no idea what's going on....Could it be a short-circuit problem?

Please Help!!!

first off the store not supposed to change the gpu fans on the card. if the card was under warranty and had a hardware failure they need to replace the gpu. right now you cant rma the card back to the vendor as the warranty gone on the card because the stock fans are gone. if you paid for the card with a credit card do a change back or get the store to replace the gpu. (if the gpu not failing from heat issue it may be under load your power supply not holding). what the make and model of the power supply.

InvalidError

Titan
1 long + 2 short POST beep code = video card failure... the BIOS is having trouble initializing it for some reason.

First thing I would try is disconnecting the PCIe power cables from your GPU, remove it from your PC, put it back in and plug PCIe power back in to see if there may have been a bad connection.

Johnny_V

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

My PSU is a RaptorX RT 600c 600W

Johnny_V

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

Well,I tried connecting some spare PCIe power cables I had and I still had the same problem.

finngrace

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Well, I've had a similar problem to this. For me, it turned out that my PSU wasn't getting enough air and was overheating, and then shutting down the system. Have you tried flipping your PSU to intake internal system air instead of drawing air from outside the system (This worked for me).

If this isn't the issue, monitor your system temperatures and find out what's going on. HWMonitor should do fine and will also give you indicators of any voltage drops/surges in the case that your GPU is calling for more power than it can grab from the PSU.