Nvidia surround issues please help!!

m4tch3dplaya

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I have just bought 2, 32 inch Funai 1080p monitors to put on each side of my 28 inch vizio, I also have a zotac GTX 670 so i know that i have the power to put em down. I have the vizio and 1 funai hooked up with a DVI - HDMI cord and the other funai is using the hdmi port. If i use the drivers from the zotac disk which are completely terrible, I can use Nvidia surround wth no problems and even run bf4 on ultra without ailiasing but the graphics still suck. I am running all of them on 1080p. However If i update the drivers and turn on nvidia display, i get a black screen on all 3 monitors and have to reboot in safe mode, delete the drivers, and reinstal from the disk. alli want is the updated nvidia drivers to work on surround. I have tried R331.8X driver and the beta R331.9x drivers and neither work. Plz help.

Solution
I'd unfortunately have to say, download the latest non-beta drivers and reinstall your video drivers. Make sure to completely uninstall your video drivers before reinstalling them. Sorry, bud. It's all I got.

Also, getting monitors instead of TVs might've helped a lot better as there would've been no need to resize your TVs resolutions after applying the surround settings.

finngrace

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
I've been having numerous issues with this. My solution, before updating your drivers, disable your Nvidia Surround configuration. It'll save you a lot of hassle compared to having to reinstall drivers after deleting them and setting them up again anyway. Nvidia hasn't really found a solution to that issue per say. Sometimes my video card updates go well, sometimes they go horribly wrong.

I might want to send feedback to their GeForce site regarding that..

m4tch3dplaya

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

I can update to the drivers on 3 monitors like an extended desktop but as soon as i enable Nvidia surroind and hit APPLY i get a black screen then no signal from the monitors

finngrace

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Now THAT is weird. Are all monitors displaying at 1920*1080 natively? I know mixing native display resolutions can cause issues with Surround setups, which is why having matching monitors are always the best solution to multiple-monitor setups.

m4tch3dplaya

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

yea ive triple checked the resolutions and theyre the same, however the 2 funai's say native next to 1920x1080p and the vizio is naturally there. Ive even avoided resizing the vizio and tried surround again and still no hope, Its not a big deal, the funai's were $100 on black friday and it was limited to 5 per person and the rest were presents. Ill most likely get another one. so far ive spent more on wall mounts than tvs....

finngrace

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
I'd unfortunately have to say, download the latest non-beta drivers and reinstall your video drivers. Make sure to completely uninstall your video drivers before reinstalling them. Sorry, bud. It's all I got.

Also, getting monitors instead of TVs might've helped a lot better as there would've been no need to resize your TVs resolutions after applying the surround settings.

Solution

m4tch3dplaya

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Do you know any sure fire way of deleting drivers or is it just deleting the nvidia folder from your pc? And as far as i know, all the tv's have RGB inputs. I dont even think they make 32 inch monitors.

jackwoz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Im having the same issue. The old drivers work and the new don't. Im running 3 monitors from various manufacturers, and the problem appears to stem from the polarity required for one of the monitors (+,+ instead of +,-). Setting the timings to manual works until i restart. I really want Nvidia to concentrate on the surround factor.

Ive rolled back to 327.23 as these seem to work for me.