Gaming Pc $800-$900 Help/Advice/Suggestions

What is better for gaming? or what do you prefer?

• Intel

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Niso

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hello! First of all thank you for taking a look at my thread! now into my question(s).

I'm looking to build my first gaming PC rig, but not quite sure where to start. At the current moment I play on a pre-built Hp Pc which runs games pretty well (Bf3 runs nicely at mid settings) I'm not at that computer right now so I don't have all the information about it (Cpu,Gpu, motherboard, etc.)

So my first question is: In general could you upgrade a pre-built pc? I have read around and understood you usually need to upgrade your psu along with other factors, but is it really possible to make a pre-built computer a real gaming machine?

Also, as I said, I have been wanting to build my first pc, I went around forums, websites, etc. and got the fundamentals down so I have a bit of knowledge. I have also made a bunch of different builds on pcpartpicker and such, but have always stumbled upon things due to the fact of my non-vast knowledge. SO I came to you guys (People with more knowledge than I) with around 800-900$ How good of a gaming pc could I build? I'm talking about a rig that could play Bf4, Assassin's creed, and such games at very nice settings (mid - high settings) I already have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard so that wouldn't be necessary. If you have any suggestions about Cpu's, gpu's, any other parts, please share that info with me :p and if you have full on build suggestions (That would be even better!) leave them below as well. As well as leaving a comment or a something if you think that a build that someone else suggested is good! That would be awesome! Also if you could answer the quick poll up there ;P that would be great :D

THANK YOU AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY OR NIGHT
~Niso

Valentin_N

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
A configuration if you do not plan to overclock: Socket 1150 config - a good overall system.

Many prebuild systems do not give a lot of option in terms of upgrading and if you want to upgrade you mostly have to change the psu first. A custom build is therefore a better choice.