3 Major computer problems

zzlint

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hello, I have been having tons of problems with my computer lately. I have a list of items I wish to fix or ask any of you guys if you can help me with them. I am new here so pardon if I don't provide what info needed. I can respond with what you need.

- Computer freezes (Mouse freezes as well) When this happens the mouse will turn into a colorful I-Beam Pointer

- When I shut my PC down all the fans and lights continue to run and shine but the screen goes black. (Will not turn do anything until reset switch is hit or turned off by holding down power button)

- 4 times where 10 second super lid buzzing noise occurs then stops

G

OK, here's what I've got to say:
Firstly, does or have you considered buying a Solid State Drive (SSD). I find this boosts PC's performance by 100%. I recently built a PC with a Kingston 120 GB SATA SSD on Friday and it only crashed once so far. Maybe your mouse is reaching the end of it's lifespan. Have you had it for long? The USB/PS2 cable could be strecthed too far and this causes tons of issues. I don't know what to say about the colorful pointer.
Your PC's fans may still be running because maybe your monitor conincidentally turned off. This could be because of a stretched VGA, HDMI, or DVI-D connector.
I don't know what you mean by your last problem.
All I can say is for you to check out what I've said and go along with it. What is the manufacturer of your PC?
Hope this helps you!
AKNerd

zzlint

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

zzlint

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I am using a Logitech wireless mouse that has new batteries and the receiver is very close to the mouse. I a,not using a SSD. And my computer lights always (when shutting down) shutdown when I turned my computer off. I mean even the CPU fan was running. I have no broken HDMI cables either.

G

OK, well at some point you may want to invest in an SSD. But anyway, maybe there's a glitch with your wireless mice drivers or the wireless mice USB is broken. I think something is seriously wrong with your PC, and no matter how much I can help you, I cannot answer the last issue. I think you should turn to tech support (your manufacturer of your PC) and get in touch with them. If you warranty is still valid, you may be able to return your PC for a new one. I have nver known a problem as odd as this. The only thing I can say is is that something may be wrong with your CPU Fan or motherboard. If you've never looked inside a PC before, I recommend you don't sincerely because you are very likely to touch something and bang, your whole system is messed up (this does happen).
Hope this helps you
AKNerd

zzlint

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks guys, I found the problem finally! It was a driver issue with my GTX 560ti, I updated to te newest Nvidea driver .92 beta and it seemed to fix everything. It even turns off without the using the power switch!

Thanks for your support guys.