Is my graphics card broken?

JC14

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Right now I am running:
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 Mobo
ASUS Radeon R9 270X 2GB GPU
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz CPU

I am having this issue w/ my ASUS GPU Tweak trying to crank up my Graphics Card to run at higher GPU Clock and Memory Mhz. Now whenever I make a setting higher like the GPU Clock for example and load up Battlefield 4 I load in, and right when I get in I get a red screen and a sound consistently going and the only way to stop it is to manually turn off my computer by holding the power button, or I get this error code: 0xa000001 and my computer restarts. Now is this a problem w/ my graphics card or the program? And if it's not my card how can I overclock it otherwise w/out the ASUS Gpu Tweak.

Thanks for the help!

How high are you trying to overclock it? Are you slowly increasing it by small increments, or are you doing a huge single increase?
Does it work on stock settings?
It sounds like you're getting an unstable overclock.

JC14

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

I am trying to knock it up to about 1220 Ghz instead of 1100 the preset and it did the error code screen to me. It can run at the normal preset gaming setting of 1120, but anything higher it just gives me one of those errors. I'm kinda scared about testing it again aswell because it does work at normal setting s so I'd much rather have a non-overclocked 270x then no 270x at all, but If I run games at 40 fps non consistently it really sucks.

Edit: I was not trying to over clock in small incraments.

Try overclocking in small increments. Increase it by like 25 and test it. It may take awhile, but it's to ensure that you don't damage your gpu.
Also, you might want to tweak the board power limit and the voltage if you want the best overclock. Increasing those can really stable your overclock.
Most people would suggest you set your board power limit to 20% at the start and slowly increase your gpu clock, leaving your voltage at stock setting for now. Then when it crashes, increase you voltage by a little bit and try again. By increasing the voltage, the gpu will be getting more power from the psu so it can become more stable. Just be very careful with the voltage, as increasing it too high may fry your gpu.

JC14

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I have no Idea how to increase the voltage of my board, but I will try using small incraments of 25 and see what I can get from it.